Sunday, July 6, 2014

Operation: Grateful Journal

Gabe has once again challenged me to be and do my best.  I've had a few aches and pains which have caused my mind to go "there".  After telling him my concerns he said "Robin, after you call Dr. Beck to make sure it's nothing, you need to start a grateful journal and write down what you are thankful for every day and more importantly write down what makes you feel alive!".  Well, I've been doing that.  It makes me really try to make each day worthy of my pen. :-) I've been waking up each morning and deciding what I'm going to do that day to live life to the fullest.  I had a sweet friend just tell me today not to let the devil steal my joy.  Wow!  I love that!  I'm really trying not to let that happen.



I want to challenge y'all to start a grateful journal.  I have the advantage/disadvantage of facing my own mortality and giving me the chance to try and prioritize everything on a daily basis.  It sounds exhausting, but it is quite the opposite.  It makes me focus on what is important.  Now, I don't always follow through like I would like to, but I can honestly say I try. 

I have a favor.  Can you let me know if you start a grateful journal?  I would love to know about it.  We can do this together. 

I hope you're having a great day.  I've been M.I.A. because of baseball and vacation (I'll post pics soon), but I hope you're still there.   
xo,
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Know what you mean Robin. Eric still goes there although not nearly as often and Doug carries a "gratitude" stone." Love Gabe's idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan!! It helps to focus on what is important!!!

      Delete
  2. I actually just sat down to do this and then read your post. Great minds think alike. :)

    ReplyDelete