Friday, May 16, 2014

Just some stuff....

We've had a busy week around here.  How about you?  It seems like the end of the school year is crammed with activities, but I sure don't mind.  We have all summer to relax.  All 2 months of it.  Gah.  What happened to the good ol' days when we had 3 months?  Now I'm just sounding old.
 
Here are a few things that happened in the Wight household this week:

Emme played her last t-ball game of the season.  What a season it was!  There is nothing cuter than a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds running the bases, trying to figure out where short stop/first base/outfield is, and sometimes stopping to pick a few flowers (and noses) along the way.  I loved it!!!  She already told us she wants to play again next year.  If so, I hope she gets the same coaches.  They were SOOOO wonderful!!!!




Eli's school had Donuts with Dad and Muffins with Mom this morning.  It is always so nice seeing  parents, kids, teachers, and also getting caught up on what's happening at school.  AND they had Krispy Kreme donuts.  Cream filled.  Need I say more?
 



Guess who is the new PTSO (PTA) President?  THIS GIRL!  I am the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing, but the previous president is wonderful and extremely organized, and I'll be walking into a smooth-running machine.  I didn't realize how much PTSO does for the school.  It is such a great organization, and I'm excited to help.  Please comment with fundraisers and fun activities your schools do so I can get some ideas.  I would greatly appreciate it!!!


Last, but not least....I heard Third Day sing one of my favorite songs "Blessed Assurance".  Have you heard it?  It is so good.  Here it is if you have a few minutes.  You'll be blessed!
 
 
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love that song! I think they did a whole album of older hymns a few years back. I'll have to dig that out now that you've reminded me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the song! I will be sure to listen. :) You will make a great PTA President! :) :) And you look beautiful, as always. So glad you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!!! Thanks so much!!! You've inspired me. :-)

      Delete