Monday, May 12, 2014

The Sanctuary

Gabe and I just returned from a wonderful, kid-free vacation.  We have some extremely generous and caring friends who wanted to send us to a resort in Phoenix called The Sanctuary to celebrate the completion of my "big" cancer procedures (www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com). Since I was diagnosed last June, Gabe and I have been in doctor mode and have not been able to truly relax.  Well, let me tell you...we made up for that!  We slept in, laid by the pool, read, watched a gorgeous sunset, and stuffed ourselves silly.  It was FABULOUS!!!!  We didn't even watch television.  If that's not sacrificial love on my part, I don't know what is. :-)  Here are a few pictures from the trip:


We each had our own pair of flip flops for the weekend, courtesy of the resort...it's the little things, y'all.


The resort was nestled into this mountain.  Heaven.


It was hard work to lay by the pool everyday.





Watching the sunset from the resort restaurant.

 
Their "turn down service" included the next day's forecast.  Why can't I get this in my own home?
 
 
 
What a weekend!  I could get used to that, but I wouldn't trade my busy, sleep-deprived, peanut butter and jelly sandwich eating, in the car all the time life for the world!  Being a wife and a mom is the best....
 
 


4 comments:

  1. What a great little (well deserved) vacation for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That precious picture from Eli brought tears to my eyes. What a treasure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it, Lori!!!! I'm going to frame it to remind myself that I don't give up on things!!!! :-)

      Delete