Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Easter Fun

I know.  I know.  I'm a little behind in posting about our Easter, but that's how I roll these days.  Ugh. Chemo brain, mommy brain, and just being scatterbrained anyway does not help my case.  Maybe I'll get it all together when I grow up someday.
 
The night before Easter, my littles dyed Easter eggs.  I am going to let them as long as they want, because I know the time is coming soon when they will think they're too old.  Sigh.  They really did have fun, though.  Here are a few pictures.  Emme didn't want her picture taken so I managed sneaking a picture of her hand.  I know.  I'm a weirdo.




We had such a wonderful Easter.  I don't have pictures, but that morning we had 500 people in our little church.  They had to bring in folding chairs.  God was there, and it was great.  Our pastor, Alex  Foster, asked if my friend and I could be angels and we said yes.  To the wings.  We just had to stand there, but it was a little unnerving because we had to walk up stairs to stand on a small platform.  We made it, though.  Whew!  A few of the guys almost started a fire backstage, but that's a different story.  It was almost The Best Easter Pageant Ever (instead of Christmas...get it?).
 
After church, we had family over for lunch.  It was a casual affair, but I always want to sit around the dining room table when we can.  It's nice to be together and catch up on the happenings in everyone's lives.  It's good for the soul, ya know?
 
Here are a few pictures of the table setting. 




Very simple but festive.  I had the placemats (pink and green ones are Kate Spade that I picked up from TJ Maxx..swoon!).  The egg placemats I picked up from Target last year.  I already had the chargers and plates.  The pink/burlap and gold/white table runners are from Hobby Lobby.  The gold/white was 30% off, and I used my 40% coupon for the burlap so they were so inexpensive.  I love the bright pink and have decided to add a little in my dining room and entry.  I'll keep you posted.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Easter and remembered the true meaning of it.  We love to have fun with Easter baskets and bunnies, but we always remember and discuss the purpose of the celebration with our kids.  Christ has risen!!!! He is alive!!!! "He is not here for He has risen, just as He said."  Matthew 28:6. 

XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment