Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Race for the Cure 2015

Hi everyone!  How was your weekend?  We had a WONDERFUL time at Race for the Cure with family and friends.  The outpouring of support was overwhelming.  Gabe and I feel so humbled on a daily basis.  Y'all are amazing!!!!

Here are a few pictures from the event:


This is Team Robin.  My Brother's Salsa/Team Robin was in the top 10 fundraisers of this year's NWA event.  How awesome is that?  Most of that was because Bree Spargur raised a lot, but a lot of you donated even if you couldn't be there.  It makes my heart so happy.


Emme and Caroline Pointer.  Aren't they cute???
 
 
Gabe and I with our great friends, Blake and Ashley Pointer.  They are so good to us.


Eli with Noah Pointer.  I'm sure they were thinking very deep thoughts.


Emme and Caroline sporting the Team Robin JUNK Bandz.  I hope I spelled that correctly.  They are a local company out of Bentonville.  You should check them out.  They have different styles and patterns. 


I do want to give a shout out to My Brother's Salsa.  If you have never tried their salsa, you are missing out on major deliciousness (did you like that word?).  Their website is www.mybrotherssalsa.com. You can purchase their products off their website, or in local stores like Harps, Neighborhood Market, Richard's Meat Market, Fresh Market, etc.  They also have recipes on their website.  AH-mazing! 


I hope y'all are having a great week.  I was fortunate to attend a fundraising dinner for LifeSource last night, thanks to our good friends David and Ana Echegoyen.  LifeSource is a local organization that helps provide food and other necessities for those less fortunate in our area.  They also provide after school and summer programs.  They are the real deal, y'all.  Check them out!  Here is a picture of Ana, Ashley, and myself from last night.
 


One more thing....I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and received good news.  My tumor markers are about the same, but Dr. Beck is happy with them.  The great news is that my tumor levels/function keep getting better!  He said that is more important right now than my marker numbers.  Woo hoo!!!  Please, please keep praying that the cancer goes completely away. I am so ready to be off most of my chemo pills.  Also, please pray that my lymphedema goes away.  My arm is swollen again so I'm going back to physical therapy.  Not a big deal.  I'm just ready to have a normal arm!

Have a great Wednesday, and I'll be back in a few days with Friday Favorites. 
XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment