Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Stuff

Hi y'all.  Well, I am a little behind on Friday Favorites so I decided to call today's post Sunday Stuff.  This is why I was never asked to be a copywriter.  Here are just a few things from the past 2 weeks.


I HAVE to brag on my boy.  Eli won the 2nd grade spelling bee.  There were 3 kids out of every 2nd grade class invited to participate which equaled 21 kids.  I never knew a spelling bee could be so exciting!  We are so proud of him and cannot wait to see what God has in store for this little smarty pants.



Last weekend we celebrated my nephew's high school graduation.  Tyler graduated from Fayetteville High and plans to major in Agri Business at U of A.  We are very proud of him, too, and also cannot wait to see where God takes him.  Tyler is special for many reasons, but he was a breath of fresh air when he was born.  My dad died January 10, and Tyler was born February 18.  He brought new life to our family when it was much needed.  Way to go, Tyler Daniel!!!!



We celebrated Emme's kindergarten graduation Thursday night.  It was so fun.  People come out of the woods for this event.  The basketball gym is filled with yells, claps, and whoop-whoop's (or however that is spelled).  We love Mrs. McCullough for loving on Emme, and also pushing her when needed.  She is able to see each child's ability and teaches them accordingly.  Emme was also lucky that Mrs. Randall (on the right) came in halfway through the year to shadow Mrs. McCullough.  Emme LOVES her!  We still get to see Mrs. Randall at Eli's baseball games so we haven't had to let go completely yet. :-)


Emme is pictured here with her principal and my friend, Candra Brasel.  Mrs. Brasel was a trooper that night, because she had to get her picture taken with each child holding their certificate.  The things we put our principal's through. 



I started a tradition when Eli was in kindergarten, and I'm going to start this for Emme, too.  Every year the kids are in school, I have their teacher write a note in the Dr. Seuss book "Oh, the Places You'll Go".  It's the token high school graduation gift, but I think it will be extra special with sweet notes from their teachers.  They will (hopefully) appreciate it one day.  I am also going to do something special for their last day of school.  I will post pictures of that next week.  Message me if you want to know sooner!



This is random, but I bought this cute sundress from Wal-Mart!  Can you believe it?  It's hard to tell in the picture, but it is a black and yellow ikat pattern with a drawstring waist and V-neck.  Totes adorbs!  It was only $10.  If it is too see through for a dress, I'm going to wear it as a bathing suit cover-up.  Either way it will look cute. 




I hope you have a wonderful Memorial weekend.  We are eating and laughing our way through it, but it's been so nice.  Even in the Noah like weather.  I just pray I never forget why we are able to celebrate so freely.  The men and women who fought, and the unfortunate ones who gave their lives, are the real heroes.  God bless the USA!!!! 

Xoxo,
Robin

4 comments:

  1. I have started doing the book writing as well! Such a neat idea that I look forward to giving to them one day. Now let's hope I can remember to get it done each year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lenora,
      I know what you mean!!! I always remember the book in the nick of time!

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your blog posts. You are a breath of fresh air for me! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete