Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New little outside sitting area (and a few other things)

A few weeks ago I showed you an outside table that I painted red.  I loved the red, but I wasn't happy with the green rocking chairs that went with it.....so, what did I do?  I spray painted them glossy black!  I can't leave anything alone.  I must say, they do look a lot better now.  Gabe and I have already sat on them after the kids went nighty-night and just rocked and talked.  If that doesn't sound like an old, married couple then I don't know what does.  It is a good time (and location) to get caught up on things we've neglected to tell each other during the crazy week....like, "Hey Gabe, did you notice my new hair color?" (Gabe giving me the deer in the headlight look), or "Hey Robin, did I remember to tell you we bought a farm?".  You know, just normal married conversation like that.  Wink. 

Here are a few pictures of the small sitting area on our back porch




I know I posted this picture on Facebook, but this is how we have been spending every weekend lately.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  I love watching my little guy and his friends play their favorite sport.  If he's happy, I'm happy.  The white pants are killing me, though.  They were thought up by a man who never did laundry. 


And lastly, our little Zoe turned 1 last week.  Yes, we had a birthday party.  And yes, there was a candle involved.  We are THAT family.  Dork central, right here.  Emme thought the party girl needed a bow.  Duh.  Isn't that normal?


I hope you are having a great Tuesday!
xo,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment