Sunday, June 8, 2014

Outdoor Wishing....

If you're like me, once the sun starts shining and temperatures warm up I want to plant flowers.  Once I start that process, I begin to realize just how much I've neglected the back porch during the winter months.  It is so very sad to look out there from my kitchen window.  I don't know about you, but I need some inspiration while I'm washing dishes.  Oh, the life of a stay at home mom.  Don't be jealous. 

So I decided to start doing something about it.  I'm taking baby steps by painting pots and furniture, and planting things here and there.  Here is the first project I took on....red spray paint!!! 

I painted an outside table.  Here is the before (obviously).........



And the after....please excuse my horrible picture taking.  Gabe has tried to coach me, but it's hard teaching an old dog new tricks.  Oh, who am I kidding.  It's hard taking advice from your husband!  I'm trying, though.  He usually knows what he's talking about, but DO NOT tell him I admitted that.
This table also has 2 rocking chairs that accompany it, and I'm painting those a glossy black once it stops raining.  IF it ever stops raining.  I'll post pictures of those when I'm finished.



I also painted a planter I've had for a very long time. 
 

 


When I grow up I want to be like my friend, Joni Sikes.  She is an extremely gifted designer.  This is a little vignette by the front door of her barn.  Totes adorbs as my 5 year old would say.



Here is a sneak peek of my next project.  I'm painting some other outside chairs and recovering the seats.  They are very faded from last summer and need a little TLC. 


Well, it's officially summer break around here.  We have a lot of fun activities planned, and just some good ol' relaxing.  What are you doing this summer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment