Thursday, August 6, 2015

Antibody fail, bigtime!!!!!

That's an understatement, too.  You know how they list that "these side effects only happen to 1% of patients"?  Well, that was me yesterday.  I thought about not sharing the details, but I feel like y'all have been on this journey with me so let's keep it up!

Gabe and I got to the chemo room yesterday at 8:30 and they started all my pre-meds so I would hopefully not have a reaction.  Well, about 5 minutes into them giving me the antibody drug, I had a severe allergic reaction and almost died.  Literally.  My blood pressure bottomed out, then it shot way up and I passed out.  My head was on fire, and my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my head.  I also broke out into hives. Goodness.  I woke up to see a lot of nurses and a doctor hovering over me.  Scary stuff, people.  Poor Gabe.  He never gets scared, but I could tell this shook him up.  BUT, God was right there with me holding my hand, too.  I'm obviously unable to continue with this clinical trial, but I'm ok with that.  There must be a reason God has kept me around this long, and I know there must be something else out there for me to accomplish for His kingdom and also another type of medication to take. I meet with Dr. Beck next Tuesday, and immediately after that my sister, the kids, and I are going to Dallas to stay with my other sister.  She has an appointment for me in Dallas to see a very qualified Naturopath doctor.  She went through medical school and finished with her Ph.D as an Internist then decided there has to be more out there than traditional medicine and has been researching ever since.  I see her Wednesday and Thursday so please pray that goes well.  She's told my sister from the start that cancer is not as scary as everyone thinks it is, and it can most likely go into remission if we can get the right things going in my body to help strengthen my immune system.

I can say I am at home today.  I feel like I've been hit by a train, but the hives are gone, and I don't have any other weird things happening - thank the Lord!!!!

As usual, please keep up in your prayers, and I'll keep you posted via this blog.  Also, I'm sorry if there are a few typos and errors.  I'm still not quite up to par!!!!!

XO,
Robin

4 comments:

  1. Praying for you all. I pray for your ultimate healing! God is good all the time, and ALL the time God is GOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Robin, so sorry to hear you had such a scary reaction! Goodness that must have been scary for you both! You are in our thoughts and prayers here...every single time your name and beautiful face pops into my head I pray. At all hours of the day or night. Sometimes I wish you could picture the dark night, with every single prayer uttered for you by all of "us" on fb, blogs, churches, etc. all lit up like a star. Can you even imagine the glow? You are so loved and so prayed over and we're not going to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of your requests and whatever else the spirit leads! :)

    ReplyDelete