Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I'm Gettin' Healthy!

I know a lot of you have been texting to see how my doctor's appointments went this week so I thought I would write it all here to keep everyone up to date. 


I saw Dr. Beck (oncologist) Tuesday, and after I gave him a really hard time about my near death experience, he prescribed me 2 different chemo pills to be taken daily.  Easy enough!  I go back Monday for another blood draw to see if my tumor markers are dropping, which I fully intend for them to be!  After seeing Dr. Beck, my sister, the kids and I took off for the Big D.  Ahhhhhh, home of 106* and shopping galore.  Actually, they are having a cold snap tomorrow, and the temp should only be 98*.  I should have brought a sweater. :-)


Today consisted of 2 doctor's visits.  I had a thermograph scan this morning, which is a very non-invasive scan to see where you have trouble spots in your body based on your body temperature.  It is very easy, and I highly recommend it.  The 2nd appointment was this afternoon with Dr. Asbury to go over my results and come up with a plan to get me healthy.  She said I'm actually not that big of a mess considering what my body has been through the past 2 years (she said it much more professionally than that).  That was a great surprise.  She is focusing on getting my immune system to where it should be so my liver can fight off the cancer.  This plan of action consists of a lot of detox, supplements, and strict diet.  I've actually been eating the right things (thanks to my sister, Terri) so I'm a little ahead of the game.  I always thought the organic, non-GMO way of eating was a little silly.  Now I'm a believer!  It works, y'all.  I'm actually going to start incorporating some of my healthy ways into my family's diet, but don't tell them. 


I am very excited to get started on everything so I can begin to see how my body is responding.  That being said, Dr. Asbury stressed the importance of me making my health regimen take priority over everything else.  So I'm going to be saying no to a lot more.  Don't take it personal.  It's not forever!  She just wants me to take more time for myself now so I can have more time for others later.  I hope that makes sense.   


Now that the doctor's appointments are over, we are planning on having fun the rest of the week.  Emme and I are going to have lunch and shop at the American Girl Store with my niece and her daughter tomorrow.  I'm just as excited as Emme!  While we're doing that, my sisters are taking Eli to the Lego store.  Do I have the best family or what?  They spoil us rotten!  Friday's agenda includes a trip to IKEA and probably laying out by the pool.  I know.  Rough life. 


I hope y'all are having a great week.  Enjoy it before the busyness of school begins. 


XO,
Robin

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have a good plan for health in place! You have inspired me to think even more about what things I'm putting into my body. Enjoy your trip!!
    (and I haven't forgotten the happy mail :) :) )

    ReplyDelete