Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Texas Trip, First Day of School, and a Prayer Request

Hi everyone!  Are you getting adjusted to school being back in session?  We are getting there, but the pick-up line is a completely different experience.  I pick up Emme first then over to Eli.  I still don't know what time to leave my house to get there early enough.  Oh, the problems of a mom. Ha!

Here are pictures of Eli and Emme on the first day of school.  If you follow me on Facebook then these are a repeat for you.  What I've learned from looking at everyone else's first day of school pictures is that I've got to step up my game on the sign they hold up.  What the heck?  Have you seen some of the signs???!!!!  Oh my.  I need to take art classes to even be on the same planet as you awesome, creative moms!  Oh well.  I was just happy we weren't late on the first day of school.  Oh wait.  We were. 




We had a blast in Texas last week.  Per my prior post, the doctors visits were amazing.  I already have more energy this week then/than (I never remember which word to use) I have had in a long time.  I'm not ready for a marathon, but I don't need to nap as much which is a big accomplishment.

Pictures in the car on the way there.  Our sweet friends, Jack and Brook Hudgins, gave the kids a box full of activities for the car.  They are so thoughtful!!!  One of Emme's gifts was a pair of slippers that she could decorate herself.  Girl heaven.



The kids spent the night with my nephew, Josh, and his wife Katie.  They have a sweet daughter (yes, my great-niece) named Charlotte who is between Eli and Emme in age.  They had a wonderful time.  Here is a picture of Emme and Charlotte.  Charlotte's shirt is hilarious.  It says "I was Charlotte first".  I didn't get it at first, but it is regarding the new Princess Charlotte of Wales.  So cute!!!!  Or cheeky, as they would say. Maybe.



My sisters took Eli to the Lego store while Katie and I took the girls to The American Girl Store.  Eli had so much fun there.  They bought him a very cool Star Wars Lego set that he finished building yesterday.  He has the patience for all those tiny pieces.  He didn't get that from me. 

Sooooooo, that leads me to the American Girl Store.  Oh.My.Goodness.  It was so fun.  The store is HUGE!  The girls just kept squealing with delight.  It was beyond cute.  We then took them upstairs to the doll salon (yes, I'm serious), but they were booked so we'll put that on our list for next time.  I was really hoping to get Emme's doll's hair brushed.  It looks like she's trying to grow dread locks.  The doll's hair is a hot mess.  Anyway, we looked around some more at the clothes and accessories until it was time for our Bistro reservation.  Talk about adorable.  The waitress brings a high chair, cup, and plate for the dolls.  The food was really great, too.  A perfect selection for kids and moms.  We are going back to Dallas in December for another office visit with Dr.Asbury, and we might swing by the store for tea and that salon visit. 





We also laid out by the pool, shopped, and just had a lot of fun.  It was a perfect end to the summer break, and I'm so grateful.

I don't want to go into great detail, but I would like for you all to pray for one of my dear friends.  She has to bury her stillborn baby boy tomorrow (he was 36 weeks so almost ready to meet the world).  I just can't even.  I really wish I could take the load for her, but she and her husband are going to have to walk this path together with the support of family and friends.  Since finding out, I've had a few other people I didn't know reach out to me about their cancer battles.  Sometimes it just feels like bad things are all around us.  I know it's not true, because we all have a LOT to be thankful for, but it just feels like that at times.  The song that keeps playing over and over again in my head is "Blessed Be The Name of the Lord".  It's a reminder of praising Him in the good times and bad.  I don't understand why bad things happen, but I do know that He is with us through all of them.  Here are the words to the song in case you or someone you know needs to hear them.

Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman
 
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
 
 
XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment