Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Florida, Friends, and Fighting Cancer

Hey, hey, hey!  We returned last Sunday from a quick trip to Navarre Beach in Florida.  Our wonderful friends, Josh and Kendra Thompson, invited us and we said YES!  We love traveling with them.  You know what I mean.  Just because you're friends does not mean you travel well together.  They make traveling fun and so easy. 

I thought I'd share a few pictures from the trip. 
 
Emme was ready to go!!!


This is our view from the condo.  It's gorgeous and right out our back door!


We ate at Dewey's in Destin.  If you've never eaten there, you must try it next time you go.  They have a nice restaurant, and the original dive.  Eat at the original.  You won't regret it.  Gabe can't seem to order anything but the crab-stuffed, bacon wrapped shrimp.  Oh my.  I had the gumbo and it was amazing!!!!

This is Jagger NOT smiling for me!



We noticed on the trip that Jagger and Emme paired up more than usual.  She was always trying to "help" him.  Lord help us if those two get married someday! :-) 


This was my view most days.  We were on the beach, too, but the kids actually preferred the pool.  Go figure.


 
Ice cream is always a good idea.


This trip came at a perfect time.  We learned last week that my tumor markers have increased quite a bit.  I saw the doctor yesterday, and I am starting a clinical trial tomorrow with another IV chemo and an antibody drug.  Tomorrow will be a very long day so say an extra prayer for me if you think of it.  It won't be as bad once I get this appointment behind me.  Dr. Beck is also very hopeful that this will work to kill off my cancer.  I haven't seen him that positive...well, ever!  It's going to be a rough road, but I'm ready for the fight.  The rest in Florida did my body and mind some good.  I feel like God has His hand on my head directing my every step.  There have been mainly curves and blind spots on this road, but I always feel His hand guiding me.  Sometimes the answer is immediate, but sometimes we are in a holding pattern.  Regardless, He is there.  We are ready to fight, fight, fight! 



Thank you again for all your prayers, messages, and gifts.  You all are so good to us!!!!!!!!  I'll keep you posted, but it might be a few days.  The chemo might make me sick and keep me in bed a bit, but hopefully not.

XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment