Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day

I know everyone says this, but my man really is the best dad ever.  He is patient, kind, stern when he needs to be (even to the kids friends - ha!), a constant prankster, loving, crazy smart, continually pointing the kids towards God, handsome, and brave.  He is able to find a silver lining in everything (most days), and he is my biggest cheerleader.  When we got married, I honestly wasn't sure what kind of dad he would be.  I knew he would be fun, but I didn't realize how much love and direction he would pour into Eli and Emme's lives.  We are so blessed.  Did I mention how cute he is? 

 
 
 
 
I also want to take time to brag on a few other men in my life.  My dad, although he's been in his forever home 18 years, had a big impact on who I am today.  He taught me how to forgive easily, keep God first (although I didn't always follow his advice on that), and always, always be nice to people, because you never know what they're going through.  I really do miss him so much.  I wish Gabe would have met him, because they would have instantly hit it off, and I wish my kids would have had the chance to call him Papa.  He would have been in love with them all.  I can't wait to see him again someday.  I know he's on the golf course right now, but when I get there I fully expect him to have his arms open wide to welcome me home.  I'm so thankful for the 22 years I had with him. 
 
I also want to give a shout out to my father-in-law, Dan Wight.  He is a man of very few words, but when he speaks we all listen.  He is beyond wise and has the driest sense of humor around.  I'm so glad he is part of my life, and I appreciate him so much for the raising he gave Gabe.  He honestly puts God before anything/anyone in his life and it shows.  I am grateful.
 
I am also soooo grateful for my big brother, Dan Austin, and my brother-in-laws, Rick Teague and Jeff Williams.  They are all protective of me in their own ways, and we are all lucky to have them in our lives.  All 3 of them take extraordinary care of my mom, which shows what great men they are. I love them so much.
 
And the most important man in my life is my Heavenly Father.  I adore Him, and it blows my mind to think that He adores me even more.  Especially after some of the dumb decisions I've made.  Oh goodness.  I pray I can always point Eli and Emme, and everyone I meet for that matter, to THE perfect lamb who was slain for me.  For you.  For everyone.  What a perfect Father's Day gift.
 
XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment