Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Favorites

This post is rather random, as most of my Friday Favorites are, but hopefully there is a little something for everyone.


Eli participated in basketball camp this week, and he had a blast.  The last day he made the team winning shot (proud mama moment), and I had a few people tell me what a good basketballer he is.  I think he's going to play on the 3rd grade team when school starts.  I hope so.  It's great exercise, and there is always a lesson to be learned in team sports.  Here he is with one of his best buddies after the awards ceremony at camp. (Photo bomb courtesy of Kolby Phillips :-) ).


One of my besties, Wendy Wiggins, calls Emme her rent-a-daughter and spoils her ROTTEN!  She bought her this little outfit at a yard sale, and Emme was so excited!!!!  She ran in her room and put it on first thing.  The yard sale is still happening this weekend.  If you're from Huntsville, it's the old Redi-Mix building across from the VFW.  That's how we give directions in these parts, y'all.


I was trying to get my ring, bracelets, and pants in one picture and this is what I got.  I really need some selfie lessons.  Anyway, I had some credit at The Attic in Huntsville and bought this Brighton ring.  I LOVE it!  It's hard to tell, but the middle has gold and some bling.  I put my Silpada diamond bands around it, and it looks great.  Check them out!!! 

I also wanted to show y'all the seafoam green bracelet I purchased from Target.  It looks expensive but was only $10.  I also have it in lavender and turquoise.  They fit my tiny wrist and are really comfortable.  The other bracelet was a gift from a sweet friend, and I wear this bracelet everyday.  The inside engraving reads "I am a survivor".  She bought this for me when I was diagnosed the second time to remind me that the fight isn't over.  I cherish her and the gift so much.  Do you have a story about a favorite piece of jewelry? 

In the background are my Lilly Pulitzer pants from Target.  They are so comfortable.  I paired them with an $8 Old Navy t-shirt and ta-da! 


I am constantly asked about the supplements I take so I thought I'd post them for you.  You can purchase both on Amazon.com.  I take the lypo-spheric vitamin c 3 times a day.  It looks like an egg yolk, and I put it in water then drink it like a shot (sorry for knowing that, Mom).  I take the vitamin d 2 times a day.  This is because I have cancer.  If you are healthy, you probably only need 1 of each per day, but you should always check with your doctor before taking to make sure they don't interfere with any medications.  That sounded like a commercial, but you know what I mean!


Claleigh sent me the eye make-up remover recipe from last week:

1 cup water
1/8 tsp baby oil
1 1/2 T baby shampoo
Mix really well.

It works great and smells great, too!!!!

I hope y'all have a super, duper weekend and enjoy this summer weather.  We have a baseball scrimmage, new cows to tend to, and a swim party this weekend.  Plus, I'm sure other things will pop up, as usual.  I love it, though.  Life is good.

XO,
Robin

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog and posts Robin! Sounds like you have a fun weekend planned! I have to admit, the "new cows to tend to" might have been my favorite thing on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we now have 66 of them so come and visit anytime!

    ReplyDelete