Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Update

My amazing nurse, Nina, called me this afternoon to give me the results from the PET scan.  She said there are new tumors on my liver, and some of the existing tumors have grown BUT the cancer has not spread to anywhere else in my body.  We, of course, wanted to hear that the cancer was completely gone, but to know it's contained is great news.  Nina said Dr. Beck has a plan, and we'll hear his plan at our doctor's appointment this Monday.  I'll keep you updated on that, too.

I know hardly anything about cancer, but the one thing I do know is that it changes a lot.  Just when you think you have it under control, it decides to take another route.  It is frustrating, but thank goodness for tests that help the doctor stay on top of things. 

Please continue to pray for complete healing.  I also would love for you to pray that I am extremely dedicated to staying on my diet.  I am admitting that I had started to cheat a little and eat sugar here and there which I know contributed to the tumors coming back. I must not stray on my diet.  Food can either heal or kill you, and I want to live by golly.

Thanks again for the sweet notes.  I read all of them, and they put a huge smile on my face.
I am one lucky girl.  Y'all are amazing.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment