Friday, June 26, 2015

This is my fight song.

Hey there! I usually post a Friday Favorites every Friday (duh), but I decided to change it up today.  Did y'all see the lady from Texas who made a You Tube video about metastatic breast cancer?  Here is the link so please watch before reading the rest of this post.  Yes, I'm in a bossy mood today. :-)


The video brought tears to my eyes.  Not because I'm sad about cancer, but because I could relate to every single thought on every single card.  It made me realize just how many of "us" are out there and that we can make a difference in fighting and educating about this terrible disease.  She is a fellow warrior chick.  She is a #lifer.  I'm going to start adding that to all my Instagram photos, because having this disease is not about dying.  It is about living.  Period. 

Please go to the websites listed and find out more about metastatic cancer.  It affects so many families, and heaven forbid, you or a loved one might need to know about it one day.

On a side note, I reached out to this lady on Facebook to thank her for putting herself out there, and she messaged me back.  We've had a few messages back and forth now, and I feel really cool.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!!!  Our baseball tournament was canceled so we get to catch up on things we've pushed to the side for weeks. 

XO,
Robin

(Photo by Tonya Reeves Photography.  Scars are mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment