Saturday, June 27, 2015

We came. We shopped. We conquered.

Thanks for all the kind comments from yesterday's post.  I hope it didn't come across as me feeling hopeless.  My hope comes from God, and I feel like as long as I do what I can on earth (diet, rest, etc.) He'll do the rest.  Your prayers go a mighty long way, too, and I feel them.  Every time someone asks what they can do to help I tell them to pray.  I am not sure there is a better gift you could give me or my family. 

Ok.  On to the fun stuff.  Emme and I went shopping today to find some things for a friend's house I'm decorating (I'll post before and after pictures once the job is complete).  While exploring, I came across a few decorative items I'd like to have for myself.

This beauty is HUGE!  I saw him at Kirkland's of all places.  The colors are very vivid in person, and I think it would look great in my, I mean someone's, dining room.  Kirkland's is having a pretty good sale right now.  I imagine a lot of stores are because of July 4th so take advantage.


This pillow was at the Target in Rogers.  No offense Fayetteville Target, but your Rogers neighbor has you beat in décor.  This pillow looked like it measured 20"x20", and it was $16.99.  I could see it in a bedroom or even an entry chair/bench. 


Old Navy is having a really good sale right now.  I bought these shorts in olive green this week and have already worn them twice.  They are extremely comfortable and not too short.  They run a little big - just fyi. They are only $10.  What?  They come in olive green, hot pink, black, white, and this bright little number. 

They are selling this tank top for $2 in-store and $4 online.  It comes in a lot of colors and has a criss-cross back. 

This dress is only $8 and comes in plum stripes or black stripes.  This would make a cute cover-up or a going out to dinner dress with a cardigan. 


I am officially part of the bifocal world.  My eyes decided to stop working when I turned 40.  I have to admit that they make a huge difference, and I'm very happy with them.


Gabe was reading the local newspaper today and had me look at this picture. It's a picture of the winning machine pitch team for league play.  We love these kids and coaches.  Two of the coaches are Eli's all-star coaches this summer.  The main reason this picture is so special is because one of the players was killed over Spring Break in a 4-wheeler accident.  His name was David Vanderpool, and his dad (the tallest coach) continued to coach this team to victory.  The jersey being held up by 2 of the boys is David's.  No words in the picture, but a lot is being said.  I am so proud to live in a town that takes time to show respect to local families.  We support the hurting and cheer others on when good things happen.  People joke that I live in Mayberry, but I really wouldn't have it any other way.  Life is good.


I hope you are able to slow down and take time to enjoy your family and friends this Sunday.  Special memories are made when you least expect them. 

XO,
Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment