Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Stuff

Howdy!  We've been busy this week, and it's been full of good things.  First, we went to Silver Dollar City with our buddies Kendra, Brittany, Jace, and Jagger.  We all had a good time.  The Harlem Globetrotters were performing, and the kids loved it.  I think the adults loved it just as much.  Here are a few pics from the day.







 Eli's All-Star team played in the Cal Ripkin Tournament in Harrison Saturday and won!  We are so proud of them.  It poured buckets for part of the day, but they played through most of it.  We still have 3 weekends of tournaments left, and I will be really sad when they're finished.  Eli plays with a great group of boys, the coaches are wonderful, and we've gotten to be good friends with the parents and grandparents.  I hope they decide to play together again next year!  There are so many life lessons to be learned from playing on sports teams.  Don't ya think?









Friday night our sweet dog, Zoe, went missing.  We think she jumped out of the back of the truck (yes, that's how we do it in Huntsville) when Gabe was on his way to the farm.  After a night filled with tears, and a morning full of worry, we received a call from Tisha Carson saying she had our dog.  Tisha lives almost to our Venus Mountain farm, which is about 20 minutes from our home. Zoe had a bum leg and a few scratches so we took her to the vet.  He didn't think she had a broken leg so he gave her a shot of valum to make sure she didn't go into shock plus an antibiotic and sent us on our way.  We've pampered the heck out of her since, and she's been in this position since yesterday, too! 
I just want to say a BIG thank you to our wonderful community.  I posted that she was missing on Facebook, and so many of you shared my post and said they were praying for us.  This town is so cool.  I'm grateful we live here.



This is a random picture of Emme and I after church this morning.  I can't get her or her brother to take serious pictures EVER! 


How cute is this tank top?  You can buy one from Embellish Boutique.  Their items can be purchased through their Facebook page and also their travel trailer.  They are from Elkins, and I'm all about supporting local businesses.  They have accessories and shoes, too.  Check them out!
 
 


On a more serious note, I want to ask you to continue to pray for me.  My reports are typically good news, but it is frustrating when they aren't.  The ups and downs of cancer are emotionally exhausting.  Please specifically pray for complete  healing in my body, and continued peace that passes all understanding.  Please keep Gabe and the kiddos in your prayers, too.  They continue to be great encouragers, but I know they get tired from all of this.  Cancer affects way more than just the patient.  It is a horrible disease, but it also doesn't know who it is messing with.  We are determined to kick its rear and have a ridiculously amazing testimony of God's faithfulness and greatness through it all.  We actually already do! There is always a blessing when you praise God through the storms of life.

I hope y'all have had a great day and have an even better week.  Do something good for someone every day this week.  I dare you.

XO,
Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment